At SPEAR we consider ourselves blessed to be so supported by the communities in which we operate. If you are discovering us for the first time, SPEAR is a charity which works with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in South and West London. We provide accommodation and support enabling homeless people to transform their lives and build their secure future life.
If you believe in the work we do, and want to expand your current support by offering us tenancies on properties either you or your network own, please get in touch with one of the team:
We have been working in South and West London for over 26 years, and we work with over 600 people each year who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
We believe that homelessness isn’t just a housing problem: it has a range of causes; it is often a symptom of other problems; and is often an experience of isolation, fear, hopelessness or self-doubt. We’re committed to investing our passion and energy into developing the very best services from the ground up with local community partners.
A few reasons why you should work with us:
- No fees or commission.
- Local housing allowance is paid directly to the Landlord.
- SPEAR conducts the formalities and paperwork.
- We have a 100% success rate in sustaining tenancies.
- Thoroughly vetted clients for optimum tenancy sustainment.
- Support provided to clients for up to one year after move-in.
- We act as the point of contact for both landlords and tenants.
- Landlords are able to fulfill charitable aims.
Lastly, some words of support from our existing landlords:
“I am a long term resident and landlord in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. I have been working with SPEAR for a number of years and have found them to be very helpful not only to their clients but also to landlords. They provide a professional service to the landlord.” Ben Khosa
Landlord and former Deputy Mayor of Richmond