We are SPEAR, a charity dedicated to helping homeless people in South and West London find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future. For 30 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to support homeless people to recover from their personal issues and break down the barriers that they face. We recognise that homelessness is much more than just a housing issue, so we provide a range of accommodation and support services to help people reach their full potential.
We’re now looking for a Resettlement and Support Worker to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis.
– 34 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with length of service
– Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
– Enhanced occupational sick pay
– Enrolment into our pension scheme after three months’ service
– Yearly eye care vouchers
– 24-hour access to confidential counselling services (EAP)
– Free staff wellbeing sessions
– Flexible working
– Free moving house day
– Staff interest-free loan and season ticket loans
– Cycle to work scheme and free parking at some sites
Once you join us, you will be eligible for a whole host of benefits. Need a day off to move house? We can do that. Want to be out in nature every day and cycle to work? No problem. Need to know you’ll be financially secure whether you’re sick, having a child or simply in the future? We’ve got that covered with sick pay, parental leave and a great pension scheme.
We’ll also ensure your mental wellbeing can be your number one priority through access to a confidential counselling service, so you can go home every day, knowing your hard work is helping some of those most marginalised in society move from homelessness to independence.
This is a superb opportunity for an individual with drive, focus and a desire to work with our outstanding charity to help us to combat homelessness. You’ll discover a passionate, supportive environment where the entire team are working toward the same goals and are dedicated to making positive change and producing great results.
As a Resettlement and Support Worker, you will be part of a professional and experienced team and will be responsible and accountable for the provision of hostel-based services and the effective co-ordination of support to rough sleepers with complex needs.
This role will require you to work on a rota system. Shifts are 8am to 3.30pm or 2.30pm to 10pm and will include weekends.
To be considered for the role of Resettlement and Support Worker you will have:
– Relevant experience, either paid or voluntary, working with homeless people or rough sleepers
– An understanding of the causes of, and pathways out of, homelessness
– Experience of assessment and support systems for vulnerable people, including key working
– The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviour and that have complex needs
– Basic knowledge of appropriate legislation, including welfare benefits and housing law
– Basic knowledge of health and safety requirements in the workplace
– Solid IT skills
– The ability to represent SPEAR appropriately at all times, and work professionally with external agencies
– An understanding of confidentiality needs within the organisation and the ability to apply them
– The ability to manage your time in a busy and pressurised environment
For further and more detailed information on the role and person specification, please review the Job Description.
SPEAR is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environment is, the better our work will be.
At SPEAR, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Resettlement and Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION