At SPEAR, we dedicate ourselves to helping those in South West London who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future.
We are looking at one of the biggest cost of living crises in years. With so many struggling, more and more of us will be unable to pay for gas, electricity, food or rent and may be in danger of becoming homeless.
We support those most in need with a range of accommodation and support services to ensure that no one feels they are going through this alone.
We are now looking for a Rough Sleeper Navigator to help us tackle homelessness when we’re needed more than ever.
– 34 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with length of service
– Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
– Enhanced occupational sick pay
– Enrolment into our pension scheme after three months’ service
– Yearly eye care vouchers
– 24-hour access to confidential counselling services (EAP)
– Free staff wellbeing sessions
– Flexible working
– Free moving house day
– Staff interest-free loan and season ticket loans
– Cycle to work scheme and free parking at some sites
Once you join us, you will be eligible for a whole host of benefits. Need a day off to move house? We can do that. Want to be out in nature every day and cycle to work? No problem. Need to know you’ll be financially secure whether you’re sick, having a child or simply in the future? We’ve got that covered with sick pay, parental leave and a great pension scheme.
We’ll also ensure your mental wellbeing can be your number one priority through access to a confidential counselling service, so you can go home every day, knowing your hard work is helping some of those most marginalised in society move from homelessness to independence.
As a Navigator, you will work as part of SPEAR’s integrated services to provide a high quality, efficient and effective service to clients who experience long-term entrenched homelessness and who often find it difficult to access services.
Working alongside the SPEAR outreach worker’s you will identify clients and then work to build meaningful rapport and assist them to undertake an assessment process to allow people to gain access to the relevant services required to increase their quality of life and ultimately enter accommodation-based services and move away from rough sleeping and the accompanying vulnerability that this presents.
Focusing on the presenting issues such as substance misuse, physical or mental health you will work to create and implement specific plans to address any identified need.
Duties will include:
– Providing a continued and consistent point of contact whilst assisting clients in navigating the various change pathways
– To provide an environment where the client feels that positive life change is both within reach and achievable
– Organising and providing appropriate support to people who are sleeping rough
– Effective liaison with other relevant agencies, professionals and stakeholders
In order to apply for this role you will have:
– An understanding of the issues that can lead to entrenched, long-term rough sleeping and a commitment to working creatively to address the issues
– The ability to manage challenging behaviour in a positive manner
– The ability to work professionally with a range of statutory and voluntary agencies
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent planning and recording skills
This is a full-time role, which will include occasional shifts to reflect the clients rough sleeping habits. A driving licence is preferred, but not essential.
This is a brilliant opportunity to support the delivery of vital services, and make a tangible impact on the some of the most vulnerable in the community.
For further and more detailed information on the role and person specification, please review the Job Description.
SPEAR welcomes and encourages applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION