At SPEAR, we dedicate ourselves to helping those in South West London who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future.
We are looking at one of the biggest cost of living crises in years. With so many struggling, more and more of us will be unable to pay for gas, electricity, food or rent and may be in danger of becoming homeless.
We support those most in need with a range of accommodation and support services to ensure that no one feels they are going through this alone.
We are now looking for a Tenancy Support Worker to help us tackle homelessness when we’re needed more than ever.
– 34 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with length of service
– Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
– Enhanced occupational sick pay
– Enrolment into our pension scheme after three months’ service
– Yearly eye care vouchers
– 24-hour access to confidential counselling services (EAP)
– Free staff wellbeing sessions
– Flexible working
– Free moving house day
– Staff interest-free loan and season ticket loans
– Cycle to work scheme and free parking at some sites
Once you join us, you will be eligible for a whole host of benefits. Need a day off to move house? We can do that. Want to be out in nature every day and cycle to work? No problem. Need to know you’ll be financially secure whether you’re sick, having a child or simply in the future? We’ve got that covered with sick pay, parental leave and a great pension scheme.
We’ll also ensure your mental wellbeing can be your number one priority through access to a confidential counselling service, so you can go home every day, knowing your hard work is helping some of those most marginalised in society move from homelessness to independence.
As a Tenancy Support Worker, you’ll assist allocated clients to identify and work towards individual goals consistent with sustaining a tenancy in supported housing or privately rented accommodation.
– To be responsible and accountable for delivering high quality support services for previously homeless people moving off the streets and vulnerably housed people in line with SPEAR’s policies and procedures.
– Provide an effective need led service for clients throughout their engagement with SPEAR, in line with SPEAR’s policies and procedures;
– To be responsible and accountable for providing advice, support, motivation, crisis intervention and future planning, appropriate to the expressed needs of service users with the aim of ensuring that every client goes on the live independently.
– Undertake assessments and casework with clients seeking support or resettlement, ensuring an integrated approach to the support provision.
To join us as a Tenancy Support Worker, you will need:
– Experience of working within the homelessness or social care sector.
– Knowledge of GDPR and data management.
– An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries
– The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviours.
– Solid IT skills with the ability to record and sound accurate records in a timely fashion on IT applications such as CHAIN and Inform.
– Ability to write concise reports, client notes and external letters to a high standard of efficiency.
– Experience of conducting client assessments and interviews.
– Effective time and workload management.
– Excellent organisational skills.
– The ability to work on own initiative, creatively managing a varied workload.
For further and more detailed information on the role and person specification, please review the Job Description.
SPEAR welcomes and encourages applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION