Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly! We would love to have some of your volunteering time over the busy Christmas period if you are able? Just an hour or two would be a huge help.
This year we are not just looking for volunteer collectors, but also volunteers who can man a SPEAR bauble stall and also volunteers who love a good sing! Children can come too if supervised by an adult.
Spear Baubles, carol singing and collecting- Richmond 25th and Twickenham 27th November
SPEAR are proud to be involved in both the Twickenham and Richmond lights being switched on. We have stalls at both events and are offering our #SPEARBaubles to be decorated for the Twickenham and Richmond Christmas Trees. The times are:
- Richmond 4-8pm (outside the Victoria Inn)
- Twickenham 12 -6.30pm
We would like people to:
- Man the stall
- Help people make the baubles
- Collect donations
- Sing or play carols in Richmond from 4-7pm
Sing and Collect 15th and 17th December
Collection days at Christmas are more fun than ever! Belting out Christmas classics cheering commuters and shoppers. You don’t have to be a trained singer- some gusto and goodwill makes all the difference! If you know of any singers who would like to get involved please let us know. We need people to sing out some Christmas cheer and and collect donations at the following venues:
- Twickenham Train Station Thursday 15th December 6.30 – 9.30am and 4-6pm. Help make the commuters’ day and raise vital funds for SPEAR.
- SQUIRES Garden Centre, Saturday 17th December 9am – 5pm. Address: Sixth Cross Road, Twickenham, TW2 5PA. We are Squires’ “Charity of the Year” and we will be collecting outside on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
Kingston Round table Carol Wagon for SPEAR 8th December 5.45-8.15pm
Kingston Round Table annually take Santa out around neighbourhoods raising funds for charities while playing and singing seasonal music. This year they have invited SPEAR to take part. The streets where Santa visits have been leafleted and so will be ready with donations
We’d like people to:
- Help collect donations (both on the street and knocking on doors)
- Help swell the merry music
If you can help at any of these events please email us at: email@example.com.