It’s so simple! All you need to do is give up drinking alcohol for a month.
Not only will you feel the health benefits you’ll be helping local people suffering homelessness.
This can either be through sponsorship from friends or family or simply donating the money you would have spent on alcohol to SPEAR
Why do a Dryathlon and how can this benefit you and SPEAR?
We are asking you to complete a sponsored Dryathlon for SPEAR.
SPEAR will use your sponsorship donation to achieve our goal of helping homeless people off the streets and back into secure accommodation.
- £5 could pay for a bus fare for a SPEAR client to get to a job interview
- £10 could pay for hats and gloves for rough sleepers
- £20 could provide a weeks supply of hot drinks and snacks for our drop in.
- £50 could pay for a thermal sleeping bag or pay for a night outreach shift.
- £100 pays for food for all our hostel residents
- £200 could pay for a new single mattress for a client moving into a new flat
While supporting SPEAR in helping those most vulnerable in our society, you will also reap the benefits. This can be the start of you cutting down on your alcohol consumption all together. Long term drinking causes problems with your health such as liver disease, cancer and mental health issues like anxiety and depression.
…and if you’re not in it for the long term, and simply want to prove to your friends, family and colleagues that you can cut out alcohol for a month while helping out a great cause just think of this one thing:
who could argue with that?
If you are interested in taking part, please get in contact with our Fundraising Team at firstname.lastname@example.org Or phone us on 020 7036 9766