We are SPEAR, a charity dedicated to helping homeless people in South West London find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future. For over 35 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to support homeless people to recover from their personal issues and gain support to overcome the barriers they face. We provide a range of accommodation and support services.
About the Roles
If you are interested in working for SPEAR but don’t have the availability for a fixed term commitment, we are always looking for flexible and reliable casual workers based in a number of our teams, including our hostels in Merton and Richmond and within our Outreach and Tenancy Support Teams.
We are looking for individuals with:
· Experience of key working, supporting vulnerable adults/children or working within the homelessness field is required.
· An understanding of the issues affecting homeless people, based on your own experience of homelessness, professional work or voluntary experience.
· The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviour
· The ability to work on your own initiative but also within a team, seeking guidance where necessary
· An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries
· Solid IT skills, including competence with word processing, spreadsheets, database and email and ability to learn how to use new IT applications
· An understanding of equal opportunities and how it can be applied within SPEAR
· An ability to represent SPEAR appropriately at all times, and work professionally with external agencies
· Effective time and workload management
· An understand of health and safety and it’s role within the workplace
These roles provide emergency short notice cover across a range of services during periods of leave and cover staff shortages in-between recruitment.
You will have the option of accepting or declining any work offered by SPEAR.
If this work sounds like it would suit you, apply with an up to date copy of your CV and answer some basic application questions!
SPEAR welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
Read more at: https://www.webrecruit.co/job-seekers/job-details/?id=421KP