Homelessness charity SPEAR is looking for a passionate and motivated individual for the new role of Community Development and Innovations Manager. The successful candidate will deliver an ambitious new programme to ensure everyone in our services has the chance to build the confidences and skills for an independent life.
SPEAR has been providing quality accommodation and support services to people experiencing homelessness for over 30 years. The charity has recently gone through a period of growth, with services spanning five South West London boroughs with support to over 800 people. Focusing on building a strengths-based culture at SPEAR, you will ensure everyone supported by operational services is given the opportunity to identify and meet their goals.
Duties will include:
To provide an environment where all people feel that positive life change is both within reach and achievable.
Development of a training programme for operational staff to embed skills assessments and skills support within key working.
Management of SPEAR’s existing Peer Mentoring and Young person’s engagement programmes. Development of residential skills, community engagement, digital and financial inclusion programmes.
Effective liaison with relevant community agencies, funders, employers, education providers and volunteers.
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:-
- Experience of working with people that are homeless or living in temporary accommodation or at risk of homelessness (such as sofa surfers at risk of rough sleeping)
- Experience of creating programmes of work around: developing life skills, employment + training opportunities, financial and digital skills, community engagement or similar.
- Experience of delivering training programmes to staff, clients and volunteers.
- Experience of writing reports for funders and of performance management
- Experience of motivating complex and diverse client groups to engage with support.
Salary: £30,000 – £33,000 per annum
Closing Date: 25th February 2020
Interview Date: 4th March 2020
Hours: 37.5 per week
Please download the attached forms and send a copy of your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
SPEAR Job Application
9 Briar Road
SPEAR is committed to implementing its Equality and Diversity Policy. To help us check that we act fairly to all who apply we ask that you give a few minutes to answer the following equality and diversity monitoring form – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Z79C3JF