Springboard supports people aged 16-25 to pursue work, training and education opportunities and to build their confidence.
The support includes:
- one-to-one support to access Education, Training and Employment pathways
- training to prepare young people to live independently
- group activities including fitness, creative arts, cookery, music, computer skills and group trips
- support with building confidence, wellbeing and improving social networks
Some highlights from Springboard at SPEAR:
- A weekly drop in for under 25s – featuring cookery classes, presentations from guest speakers and subject taster sessions for clients
- Weekly art clubs working with multiple media styles and featuring visiting artists, read about one of the art projects here
- Group Tour of the Media, Art and Design Campus of the University of Westminster
- Group trip to the Bread and Roses theatre in Clapham
- In September 2020, SPEAR partnered with the Irene Taylor Trust to deliver a two-week music workshop for 18-21 year olds, read about it here
After suppressing my creative side, I was reintroduced to my passion for art by joining an art club run at my hostel. I was let free to express myself and at every step of the way I was encouraged and supported, whereas in school I was too afraid to take Art GCSE as I thought I wasn’t as good enough.