SPEAR has been providing quality services to homeless people and rough sleepers for over 30 years. We presently have innovative opportunities within our well-respected Outreach Teams for experienced Outreach Workers to support clients to access holistic, high quality support to make positive changes in their lives.
We are looking to hire in the various boroughs that this service works in.
You will work as part of SPEAR to provide Rough Sleeper outreach, verification, and wrap-around work to clients who are experiencing homelessness and/or entrenched rough sleeping.
Duties will include:
- Working as part of a team in the provision of a holistic approach to the prevention and management of rough sleeping. This will include co-working with colleagues and other agencies to ensure safe working practices and appropriate move on options for clients experiencing rough sleeping.
- Identifying and ensuring support around presenting issues such as substance misuse, physical or mental health.
- Responsibility for financial management around personal budgets for clients where appropriate.
- Participating in the Outreach rota for the borough of work, which includes working anti-social hours
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:-
- An understanding of the issues, causes, and solutions to rough sleeping;
- A good understanding of Housing Law and the Welfare Benefits systems;
- The ability to work professionally with a range of statutory and voluntary agencies;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem solving, planning, and recording skills.
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Closing date: 25th September 2019
Interview date: 30th September 2019
Hours: 37.5 per week
This is a fixed term contract until 31st March 2020.
Please download the attached forms and send a copy of your completed application form to email@example.com or post to:
SPEAR Job Application
9 Briar Road
SPEAR is committed to implementing its Equality and Diversity Policy. To help us check that we act fairly to all who apply we ask that you give a few minutes to answer the following equality and diversity monitoring form – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Z79C3JF