SPEAR has been providing quality services to homeless people and rough sleepers for over 30 years. We presently have an innovative opportunity within our well-respected Outreach Team for an experienced Specialist Outreach Worker to support clients to access holistic, high quality support to make positive changes in their lives.
The post will involve working within our team in the London Borough of Kingston upon Thames and will work with clients who experience difficulties due to mental health issues or substance misuse issues that may present a barrier to their moving away from the streets.
You will work as part of SPEAR to provide Rough Sleeper outreach, verification, and wrap-around work to clients who are experiencing homelessness and/or entrenched rough sleeping.
Duties will include:
- Working as part of a team in the provision of a holistic approach to the prevention and management of mental health issues or substance misuse issues that lead to difficulties in moving away from rough sleeping. This will include all co-working with colleagues and other agencies to ensure safe working practices and appropriate move on options for clients.
- Identifying and ensuring support around presenting issues such as substance misuse, physical or mental health, working with local services to address unmet need
- Participating in the Outreach rota including some anti-social working
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:-
- An understanding of the issues, causes, and solutions to rough sleeping;
- An understanding and experience of working with mental health issues and substance abuse issues;
- A good understanding of Housing Law and the Welfare Benefits systems;
- The ability to work professionally with a range of statutory and voluntary agencies;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem solving, planning, and recording skills.
Please download the attached forms and send a copy of your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
SPEAR Job Application
9 Briar Road
SALARY: £26,500 per annum
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 14th October 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: 23rd October 2019
This is a fixed term contract ending the end of March 2020
SPEAR is committed to implementing its Equality and Diversity Policy. To help us check that we act fairly to all who apply we ask that you give a few minutes to answer the following equality and diversity monitoring form – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Z79C3JF