Past: Swimathon 28th September 2019

Past: Swimathon 28th September 2019

For a fourth year SPEAR are taking part in the annual Swimathon held at Teddington Pools, organised by Twickenham Rotary Club.

Every year SPEAR staff and volunteers take part in a relay with the aim of completing as many lengths as possible in 55 minutes.

You too can join in, either participating in SPEAR‘s team at 12.30-1.30  or enter one of your own with friends, family and colleagues (or a mixture of all 3!)

If you can’t join the team and want to support us they can be sponsored here

If you are entering your own team please complete this application form and send it to Twickenham Rotary.

Swimmers of all ages!

thumbnail of Swimathon Entry Form 2019

Like every year, SPEAR receives 70% of the funds raised at the Swimathon and the other 30% goes to other local charities, the Rotary Club support.

 If you want to enter your own team the available slots are:

12.30- 1.30 1.30-2.30, 2.30-3.30 


dfaf38d0-011b-4a1b-a74d-b2091d41d0de

Bruce and his family before the event


Bruce Warman, Senior Fundraiser at SPEAR, and his family took part in last years Swimathon at Teddington Pools. He described the event as “very well organised” and “a fantastic active day out for the whole family”.

He also said “The Swimathon is an important date in our calendar, which is extremely family friendly and allows the slightly more inactive team members to take a break when they needed one”.


Leave a Reply

Newsletters