Trainee springboard Project Worker
Part-time (14 hours per week)
Fixed term contract until 31 October 2023
£11.05 per hour (London living wage)
We are SPEAR, a charity dedicated to helping homeless people in South and West London find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future. For 30 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to support homeless people to recover from their personal issues and break down the barriers that they face. We recognise that homelessness is much more than just a housing issue, so we provide a range of accommodation and support services to help people reach their full potential.
Health & Wellbeing –
– 24-hour access to confidential counselling services (EAP)
– Free Wellbeing sessions
– Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
– A pension scheme after three months of service
– Yearly eye care vouchers
Work/life balance –
– 34 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with length of service.
– Flexible working
– Free moving house day
– Cycle to work
– An interest-free season ticket loan
– Staff interest-free loan
– Free parking (at some sites)
This is a superb opportunity for an individual with drive, focus and a desire to work with our outstanding charity to help us to combat homelessness. You’ll discover a passionate, supportive environment where the entire team are working toward the same goals and are dedicated to making positive change and producing great results.
You will be part of a professional and experienced team, giving you a fantastic learning experience and overview of support working within a homelessness charity. In the past, SPEAR has recruited many trainee posts who have regularly continued further employment at SPEAR or within the sector.
You will work with SPEAR’S 16-25 year old homeless clients, including rough sleepers, and supports them into a range of education, employment, training and wellbeing services in the boroughs of Sutton, Merton, Wandsworth, Richmond and Kingston.
– Organise group trips for SPEAR’s 16-25 year old clients (previous trips include quizzes, trips to the theatre and art galleries, and a tour of a university)
– Develop positive relationships with clients in order to facilitate the best possible outcomes and to address issues of social isolation and exclusion
– Contact allocated clients and support them in identifying goals they would like to work towards in the areas of employment, education, training and wellbeing
– Support clients to develop their employability by helping with writing CVs, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and understanding role requirements.
To be considered for the role of Trainee Project Worker, you will have:
– Lived experience of, and empathy with, issues experienced by SPEAR’s client group. For example, experience of homelessness and/or the criminal justice system.
– The ability to engage and build trusting relationships with SPEAR’s clients
– The ability to work within a team and on your own initiative
– The ability to represent SPEAR appropriately in all situations, and to work professionally with external agencies
– Good communication skills, both written and verbal
– Basic IT skills, including competence with word processing and email and the ability to learn how to use new IT applications
– Experience of supporting children and/or vulnerable adults to achieve their goals
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A SUPPORTING STATEMENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
SPEAR are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Trainee Project Worker, please CLICK HERE TO APPLY. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.