At SPEAR, we dedicate ourselves to supporting those in South West London who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future.
We are looking at one of the biggest cost of living crises in years. With so many struggling, more and more of us will be unable to pay for gas, electricity, food or rent and may be in danger of becoming homeless.
We support those most in need with a range of accommodation and support services to ensure that no one feels they are going through this alone.
We are now looking for a Homeless Health Outreach Worker to help us tackle homelessness when we’re needed more than ever.
– 34 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with length of service
– Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
– Enhanced occupational sick pay
– Enrolment into our pension scheme after three months’ service
– Yearly eye care vouchers
– 24-hour access to confidential counselling services (EAP)
– Free staff wellbeing sessions
– Flexible working
– Free moving house day
– Staff interest-free loan and season ticket loans
– Cycle to work scheme and free parking at some sites
Once you join us, you will be eligible for a whole host of benefits. Need a day off to move house? We can do that. Want to be out in nature every day and cycle to work? No problem. Need to know you’ll be financially secure whether you’re sick, having a child or simply in the future? We’ve got that covered with sick pay, parental leave and a great pension scheme.
We’ll also ensure your mental wellbeing can be your number one priority through access to a confidential counselling service, so you can go home every day, knowing your hard work is helping some of those most marginalised in society move from homelessness to independence.
This role will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality services offered by the Sutton Team, focusing on the engagement and verification of rough sleepers and subsequent support into a range of primary care, mental health and substance misuse services and accommodation pathways. This post is required to undertake good quality case work and assessments of individuals with complex needs including challenging mental and physical health needs.
The role will work closely and proactively with homelessness service providers, local authorities, statutory and non-statutory health and housing services to improve pathways for homeless clients accessing physical and mental health services.
This service is for single homeless people who are/have slept rough in the London borough of Sutton.
To join us as a Homeless Health Link Worker, you will need:
– Use of your own transport/full, valid driving licence
– Experience/understanding of working with homeless people or rough sleepers, including key working, care planning and joint working with statutory agencies, with a particular focus on health and substance misuse services
– Experience/understanding of supporting people to address their needs by the use of comprehensive assessment and case management and an understanding of involving the person in their own care, taking a person-centred approach
– Knowledge/understanding of substance misuse and/or mental health services and the range of services and treatment available for homeless people
– Understanding of the causes of homelessness and the pathways out of homelessness
– The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviour and complex needs
– The ability to work under pressure and with multiple SPEAR teams
– Good IT skills, including competence with databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and email, and the ability to learn how to use new IT applications
– An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries
SPEAR welcomes and encourages applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION