On Thursday 7th of December SPEAR’s CEO joined the launch of London’s first rough sleeping charter – the London Charter to End Rough Sleeping.
The London Charter to End Rough Sleeping is a powerful commitment to tackle homelessness and SPEAR is pleased to support this charter, a pledge for a better tomorrow—one where everyone has a place to call home.
This Charter sets out six principles for signatories to commit to:
- Create a shared vision and enable people and communities to support our goal
- Make a public commitment to work together to end rough sleeping
- Strengthen the partnerships that are already in place
- Provide opportunities for residents, businesses, workers, faith groups, charities and public bodies in London to help end rough sleeping
- Communicate what rough sleeping looks like in London and how to best help
- Provide transparency, accountability, and a way to monitor progress
SPEAR is a frontline organisation working directly with people experiencing homelessness in South West London. Our work is crucial to better help us understand the needs of rough sleepers, and supporting the development of new and innovative ways to provide long-term solutions and to end rough sleeping. Access to the right support and decent housing should be a fundamental right, and ending homelessness within our communities must be our topmost priority.
If you would like to support people experiencing homelessness in the boroughs of Richmond, Kingston, Wandsworth, Merton, and Sutton, you can donate to SPEAR here.