Join #TeamSPEAR at the London Walk 2024!
The London Walk is a night walk through London starting and finishing near Trafalgar Square with a variety of distances available for people – from 10km to a full marathon.
Organised by the London Homeless Collective, a movement of more than 25 charities that support people experiencing homelessness in London, this walk offers an opportunity for reflection on the experience of people who are homeless. Not just people who are forced to sleep on the streets but those who walk through the night, travel on night buses or access 24 hour retail sites in order to stay awake and stay safe.
Can you take on this challenge to help us fight homelessness?
The pre-event activity will start from around 6.30pm and the walk will start at 9.00pm from St Martin’s in the Fields Church, near Trafalgar Square.
Expected finishing times are around midnight for the 10km, 3 am for the half marathon and 6 am for the full marathon.
There will be a reception for people at the end of the walk and space for them to rest and recover.
Refreshments will be provided for participants and there will be full event support on the night!
Reserve your London Walk space today!
Places are limited and we expect to sell-out, so the sooner you book in your places, the better!
To reserve your space, fill in form below and pay the £25 registration fee on the official London Walk website here.
Remember to select SPEAR under ‘My Charity’!
Terms and conditions
In completing and returning this form you are accepting and agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions;
- I pledge to raise the minimum of my fundraising target (Not including Gift Aid) for SPEAR and will pay in all offline and online monies raised by 22nd April 2024 (note: money raised via Just Giving will automatically be sent to SPEAR).
- I acknowledge if insufficient funds are raised prior to the walk and if after discussions SPEAR believes achieving the minimum fundraising is unlikely, we reserve the right to withdraw your place.
- I will notify SPEAR immediately if for any reason I have to withdraw my application due to injury or personal circumstances, so where possible my place can be replaced. (Please note SPEAR is not able to replace you after the final registration deadline. In some circumstances, we are able to carry a place forward to the following year, but we do not encourage this except for a legitimate reason such as injury).
- I will register myself on the official London Walk portal.
- I declare I am physically fit to participate in this event, take part at my own risk, and will consult a doctor if I am in any doubt about my health or fitness.
- I agree to any photos on the day being used for SPEAR promotional materials. If this is not the case I will inform SPEAR when returning this form.
- I agree that SPEAR charity only can communicate with me regarding this event and similar events you may be interested in after this event until a time of my choosing to opt-out of communications with SPEAR. (our charity does not share your details with third parties).
Got a question? Contact us and the team will be in touch with you shortly!
Support for you
As part of #TeamSPEAR you’ll be raising vital funds to support those experiencing homelessness. You will also receive:
- Access to fundraising tools and one-to-one support to help you reach your goal
- Regular check-ins to keep you on track
- A fundraising team to help you with any questions you may have
- A SPEAR T-shirt